Saturday, January 29, 2011

On My Wishlist


On My Wishlist is a fun weekly event hosted by Book Chick City and runs every Saturday. It's where you list all the books you desperately want but haven't actually bought yet. They can be old, new or forthcoming. It's also an event that you can join in with too - Mr Linky is always at the ready for you to link your own 'On My Wishlist' post. If you want to know more click here.

This is a new meme that I found online in my travels around the blogosphere. I decided it would be a great chance to showcase some of the books that I want, but haven't bought yet (because I have so many already). I'm hoping it gives my followers a better idea of some of the books I missed when they first came out, but that I still want to read. I hope we all have some fun with this!

On My Wishlist this week:
The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff
Publication Date: September 21, 2010

Synopsis:
Mackie Doyle is not one of us. Though he lives in the small town of Gentry, he comes from a world of tunnels and black murky water, a world of living dead girls ruled by a little tattooed princess. He is a Replacement, left in the crib of a human baby sixteen years ago. Now, because of fatal allergies to iron, blood, and consecrated ground, Mackie is fighting to survive in the human world.

Mackie would give anything to live among us, to practice on his bass or spend time with his crush, Tate. But when Tate's baby sister goes missing, Mackie is drawn irrevocably into the underworld of Gentry, known as Mayhem. He must face the dark creatures of the Slag Heaps and find his rightful place, in our world, or theirs.


I first heard about Brenna Yonvanoff through the Merry Sisters of Fate, which I heard about through Maggie Stiefvater. The Replacements sounds completely different from anything I've heard of or read before. I've read a bunch of reviews for it, as well as an except or two, and it seems like a pretty great book. Plus, I've had a taste of Brenna's writing on the Merry Fates blog (the ladies take turns posting short fiction each week), and enjoy her style.

What's on your wishlist?

1 comment:

  1. This one is in my pile ... I really need to start reading it !! =)

    ReplyDelete