Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (18)





"Waiting on" Wednesday is a weekly meme, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that showcases upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating!
I first heard about it from PageTurnersBlog.




My Waiting on Wednesday this week:
The Goddess Test by Aimée Carter
Publication Date: April 19, 2011

Synopsis:
Every girl who has taken the test has died.

Now it's Kate's turn.

It's always been just Kate and her mom--and now her mother is dying. Her last wish? To move back to her childhood home. So Kate's going to start at a new school with no friends, no other family and the fear her mother won't live past the fall.

Then she meets Henry. Dark. Tortured. And mesmerizing. He claims to be Hades, god of the Underworld--and if she accepts his bargain, he'll keep her mother alive while Kate tries to pass seven tests.

Kate is sure he's crazy--until she sees him bring a girl back from the dead. Now saving her mother seems crazily possible. If she succeeds, she'll become Henry's future bride, and a goddess.

If she fails...


I love mythology. I feel like I always have. Or maybe it's just been since high school... Anyway! There are a lot of books coming out now that are retellings of myths and fairytales, in case you haven't noticed. THE GODDESS TEST is one of them and it sounds really awesome. I really like the cover, too. The font is beautiful and the colour looks awesome. I can't wait to see what it looks like in reality. Also, I love how the model is wearing clothing that looks more ancient rather than modern. Awesome!

What upcoming releases are you looking forward to?

11 comments:

  1. Everyone seems to be anticipating for this (me included), well it sounds beyond awesome so no surprise there :p Great pick!

    Check out my picks for my WoW this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I have this from Netgalley but, since the Kindle function isn't working, I might just wait to hold it in my own hands. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been hearing great things about this book. I've noticed that ther are quite a few books with retellings of mythology coming out this year too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book was great! Nice pick! I'll be picking up a copy when it's released. Happy Reading! Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great WOW! I've heard some great things about this book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard this book is REALLY good. I'm looking forward to it too! I like how mythology seems to be the new trend in paranormal YA.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This book sounds amazing & so far the reviews are backing that up. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just finished this one and really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am soooo looking forward to this one! I love Greek Mythology as well. This could be my next WoW! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've read it, it is so good! I really enjoyed it, even if I don't really know much about Greek Mythology.

    ReplyDelete