Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (22)





"Waiting on" Wednesday is a weekly meme, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that showcases upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating!
I first heard about it from PageTurnersBlog.




My Waiting on Wednesday this week:
Watched by Sharde Richardson
Publication Date: May 30, 2011

Synopsis:
Mikayla doesn’t want much: just to rock out to her favorite band, become the next Kwiki Stop video gaming champion, and keep her Q-tip habit under control. What she does want is the sight of the sudden inexplicable dark auras around everyone to stop. Problem is, those auras are demons and Mikayla is the last trait holder with the power to ban them. Which is a total buzz kill.

To make matters worse, the town folk of Sulphur Springs don’t look the same, and her classmates are a little dark in the eyes. There are murders, suicides, reckless skinny-dipping, gratuitous use of Q-tips, and newfound powers that Mikayla must learn to control.

Her past becomes present when a shape-shifter tells her what her true identity is, and how to keep the demons of Hell from nipping at her Converse. Through him she’ll discover who to trust, who to kiss, and how valuable her abilities are to the right beings. Because the evils of Hell aren’t staying down without a fight.

Or without her soul.


Why this interests me:
1. That cover is amazing.
2. Debut Author
3. Q-Tip habit?
4. Mikayla just sounds like a really kick ass character that doesn't give a crap what others think, and I'd really like to meet her :).

What upcoming releases are you looking forward to this week?

4 comments:

  1. Bahaha the Q-tip thing made me laugh out loud! And I love the cover as well! Sounds good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cover is beautiful! Haunting. I just hope the author doesn't go overboard with the Q-Tip thing. Funny at first but too much might (for me) take away from the story lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing. I love waiting on Wednesday, I always find so many more books that I want to read.

    Jules

    http://thegreatthegoodandthebad.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooh this one is new to me it sounds totally awesome - must put it on my wishlist.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/04/waiting-on-wednesday-16.html

    ReplyDelete