Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (24)





"Waiting on" Wednesday is a weekly meme, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that showcases upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating!
I first heard about it from PageTurnersBlog.




My Waiting on Wednesday this week:
Ladybird Ladybird by Abra Ebner
Publish Date: June 1, 2011

Synopsis:
Samantha was born on a full moon to a mother already dead. Revived by doctors and given to her unloving father, Samantha was raised a cursed child, her only friend the ghost of her mother who speaks to her through keys. From the inside out, Sam burned with life, a fire so vivid it kept her peers at a distance, all except one. Leith, a quiet farmboy with a broken heart and demons of his own, enjoys the seclusion his classmates grant him, but the seclusion is all too familiar to Sam.

When their worlds collide... fires burn.


This a little novella, about 225 pages, and sounds like a fun, quick read. I haven't read any of Abra's books before, but her Knight Angels series really interests me. I want to read LADYBIRD, LADYBIRD because I'm really curious about the title. We don't really get any clues in the synopsis, and I'm interested to see why it has this title, and why it had to be said twice!

What upcoming releases are you looking forward to this week?

6 comments:

  1. I've heard about this one but I don't know much about it! Great pick!

    Check out my WOW this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pick! I think that this is one that I would want to read too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, sounds deliciously creepy!

    Here's my WOW for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of this one, but it sounds great!!

    Our WOW pick is at BookSake.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven't of heard of it but the title is intriguing.

    ReplyDelete