Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (27)





"Waiting on" Wednesday is a weekly meme, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that showcases upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating!
I first heard about it from PageTurnersBlog.




My Waiting on Wednesday this week:
Ripple by Mandy Hubbard
Publication Date: July 21, 2011

Synopsis:
Lexi is cursed with a dark secret. Each day she goes to school like a normal teenager, and each night she must swim, or the pain will be unbearable. She is a siren - a deadly mermaid destined to lure men to their watery deaths. After a terrible tragedy, Lexi shut herself off from the world, vowing to protect the ones she loves. But she soon finds herself caught between a new boy at school who may have the power to melt her icy exterior, and a handsome water spirit who says he can break Lexi's curse if she gives up everything else. Lexi is faced with the hardest decision she's ever had to make: the life she's always longed for - or the love she can't live without?

I still have yet to read any mermaid/siren stories even though I've talked about how I'm super interested to read one! Still, I'm going to add this one to that list, because it sounds really really awesome. I love the colour of her dress on the cover (I can only imagine what it will look like in print), and the little bit of something on her calves is so subtle you barely notice it, but it still makes you wonder (click the picture to see it better).

What upcoming releases are you looking forward to this week?

2 comments: