Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Teaser Tuesday (34)

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme, hosted by MizB of Should be Reading. Just do the following:
Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
DO NOT INCLUDE SPOILERS (make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away, so that you don't ruin the book for others)
Share the title and author so that other participants can add the book to their TBR list is they like your teasers!

My teaser this week comes from Catching Fire, book 2 in the The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins. It's rare for me to read a sequel right after the first book, but I decided to jump right into CATCHING FIRE so I could read it alongside my Twitter friend Momo from Books Over Boys. Here's my teaser for this week:




I was completely unprepared. You would think that after all the hours I'd spent with Gale - watching him talk and laugh and frown - that I would know all there was to know about his lips. But I hadn't imagined how warm they would feel pressed against my own.



*Sigh* Of course this was bound to happen in book 2. It complicates everything and puts people in danger, but it also makes things more exciting. I'm really enjoying this book so far.

Feel free to share your teasers with me! I'd love to see what you're reading.

4 comments:

  1. This was a great series. Here are my teasers for the week. I have a teaser from In Her Sights by Robin Perini and from Circus Galacticus by Deva Fagan. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only read the 1st in this series but I need to read the last 2!!

    New Follower :)

    My Teaser Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Catching Fire is actually my favorite book in the series. Thanks for the great teaser (though I'm Team Peeta all the way!).

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great teaser! I can't wait to read this series after seeing the trailer for The Hunger Games!

    My Teaser Tuesday is from Shine by Lauren Myracle. Happy Reading! Jen @ A Reader's Journey

    ReplyDelete