Saturday, December 31, 2011

Challenge Wrap-Up Post


I decided to participate in the 2011 Debut Author Challenge (DAC) hosted by Kristi @ The Story Siren. It was my first time trying the challenge, and I had fun. For me, it was more about keeping track of how many debuts I read, rather than reading as many as I could.

I think I may have altered the rules a little for my blog. I don't know if indie or self-published authors can count towards the challenge, but I included them anyway. To me, the challenge was for Debut YA authors, and they were Debut YA authors, regardless of how they published their book.

I ended up finishing 10 Debut YA books, so I didn't complete the challenge, which was to read 12 Debuts. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to participate in the 2012 DAC because I have so many other books to catch up on, that I don't think I'd be able to complete the challenge again. Maybe I will just for fun. I'll keep you posted.

***************


I also participated in the 2011 A to Z Challenge hosted by Becky @ Becky's Book Reviews. The challenge was to read 26 books, each starting with a different letter in the alphabet. I had fun just filling in my list and seeing how many I'd completed and which I hadn't hit on yet. It was hard trying to read next based on what I'd need to complete the challenge, so I didn't do it that way. I just enjoyed filling it in as I read books. It's amazing how many books start with the letters A, H, S and W.

I didn't complete this challenge either. I did pass the halfway point, which I consider a win! It was enjoyable, but I don't think I'll participate again. I know I'll never be able to complete it!

No comments:

Post a Comment