Sunday, January 1, 2012

In My Mailbox (33) - Christmas 2011 Edition




In My Mailbox is a weekly meme that gives bloggers a chance to share what books they've received in the last week. It's hosted by The Story Siren and you can find out more info about it here.



I haven't had the chance to do an IMM in such a long time! Mostly because I've been good about not buying any books, or receiving them. But of course, it's the holiday season and gifts are passed around, and so I got a few. Well, I got one, but I bought the others with the gift cards I got :). Here's what I received this week:

Gifted for Christmas
Beautiful Chaos (Caster Chronicles #3) by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
{Goodreads | Book Depository}

Bought
The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab {Goodreads | Book Depository}
Legend by Marie Lu {Goodreads | Book Depository}
Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi {Goodreads | Book Depository}
Fragile Eternity (Wicked Lovely #3) by Melissa Marr {Goodreads | Book Depository

Bought for my Kobo
Hereafter by Tara Hudson {Goodreads | Book Depository}
Angel Burn by L.A. Weatherly {Goodreads | Book Depository}

I definitely didn't mean to buy 4 books at Chapters. Really. I meant to buy 1. But that's what happens I suppose. And like I said, I haven't bought many books recently, so it felt really nice to leave the bookstore with so many new books tucked in my arms! And then I came home and was looking at ebooks on Kobo.com and bought two more! But they were crazy on sale (Hereafter: $0.99CAD; Angel Burn: $3.39CAD), and I'm filling my Kobo with books because I have a long trip coming up!

I can't wait to read any of these. They all looks amazing and I'm so excited to jump into them.

What did you get this week?

5 comments:

  1. Oh, great mailbox :D I loved Legend and Shatter Me and Hereafter. <3 And I really liked The Near Witch :) I hope you enjoy them all :D

    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books
    www.carinabooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked Legend and can't wait to get Shatter Me as well. Looks like you have some great reading!
    Check out our Mailbox at Book Sake. – Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you've got a great deal of books! I've heard mixed reviews about Shatter Me , but it sounds interesting. My friend said Lenend was amazing. i hope you enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shatter Me is such a good read. I really hope you love it! I need to get to the Beautiful Creatures series. I've heard it's a good read. Awesome mailbox and I hope you have an excellent reading year!

    My Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  5. So so pretty! I wish Australia had more hardcovers :( I may just have to order online from now on!

    New follower :)
    Taneika @ Flipping Through the Pages

    ReplyDelete