Saturday, April 26, 2014

Public Service Announcement

I don't often talk about my personal life on my book blog, but with the way I've neglected this blog, I feel an explanation is needed. Even though I'm 95% sure no one really followed/follows my blog avidly. But anyway...

My life has changed a lot in the last year and a half or so, to which I attribute my lack of blogging.

In August 2012, I moved from Canada to Australia to gain some experience teaching and to travel and see more of the world. I started doing substitute teaching right away and worked most days until the end of November when I was offered a full time position, starting in January 2013. (Reminder that the school year here goes from February to December.)

It was my first time having my own class. My first contract teaching job. And it was in a special needs school, something in which I didn't have much experience. Needless to say, the job enveloped my life. It was my first year teaching and I had a lot of learning and work to do to really set myself up as a teacher with my own class. I didn't have any time for blogging anymore. Heck, I hardly had any time for reading. I read half the amount of books I'd usually read in a year. It became a reality that book blogging was in the past for me.

Fast-forward a year. I'm not in my second year of teaching at the same school. I have some experience teaching. I know (more-or-less) what I'm doing and what's expected of me. I don't need to stress as much about doing my job right, because I know I can do it right.

That being said, I'm making a bigger effort to take time to read for pleasure. I don't know if this will lead me back to book blogging, but I hope so. I love reading. I love the book community. I had such an awesome time when I was book blogging and part of that community. The fact alone that I'm taking the time to write this tells me I'm already on the track back. Even if it will be less frequent than it once was.

I hope I can find my way back.

3 comments:

Katieb Mundie Moms said...

Congratulations on the huge adventure and the job! How exciting. I worked with special ed back when I worked in the school, before having my kids, and I loved it. It is time consuming. Blogging will always be here, and you do what you can do. I'm thrilled for you and wish you all the best in your second year teaching.

Helen Keyes said...

Reading can lead more amazing ideas and precious information to your book blogging.

Helen @TeFL Program

-blessed holy socks, the non-perishable-zealot said...

‘philanthropic + epiphany’ (=so much to give + vision):
~let these two words be the start of your journey~

I looove RITErs;
I looove giving'm new opportunities
for thots/ideas/structural integrity,
taking'm in a completely-new-direction:

Why else does a moth fly FROM the night
than to a bold, attractive candle Light??
Don’t let His extravagant Brilliance be extinguished.
You’re creative, yes?
Then, fly-away with U.S. to the antidote…

Whether you obtain moralityB4mortality to wiseabove
or just glean tantalizing specimens for thy next best seller,
you shall find in our blogs a lotta (subliminal) moxie
which has taken this sinfull mortal yeeeeers to compile!
I lay it ALL out for you, dear, with All-Star-Oxygems:

Wouldn’t ya love an endless eternity
of aplomBombs falling on thy indelible cranium?
An XtraXcitinXpose with no zooillogical-expiration-date?
An IQ much higher than K2 all-go-rhythm?
An anti-establishment, savvy victory +
avant-guarde-humility =
you’re promptly astonished, ain’tcha?
withe extraordinarily explosion of maelstrom mellowdramatic??
Here’s what the exquisite, prolific GODy sed
(with a most-excellent-detector of bull§ht):

“Faith, hope, and love,
the greatest of these is love –
jump into faith…
and you’ll VitSee with love”
Doesn’t matter if you don’t believe (what I write);
God believes in you.

Meet me Upstairs, girl, where the Son never goes down
from a super-passionate, lucrative iconoclasm where you’ll find
nonillionsXnonillionsXnonillionsXnonillionsXnonillionsX…
of deluxe-HTTP [<- pi] opportunities for excitement BTW.

Do it. Do the deed, dude. Sign into the Big-Zaftig-House.

PS “It is impossible that anyone should NOT receive all that they have believed and hoped to obtain; it gives Me great pleasure when they hope great things from Me and I will always give them more than they expect”
-our Lord Jesus to Saint Gertrude

...think about it, girl:
if 1-outta-1 perishes in 88ish years;
then, how WE sinfull mortals have lived
is where we go for eternity, Up or Down,
Seventh-Heaven or the Abyss o'Misery.
Life is extremely tough now…
yet, life’s extremely short now.
And Satan’s working overtime.
I Choose Heaven.
Choose.

Post a Comment